Monday 4 March 2013

ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner

Hello everyone! It's time to blog again! Summer is fast approaching and I'm sure most of you have a lot of stuff planned already, while I'm in the midst of budgeting my finances to be able to have some out-of-town fun this April!

Because of all this scrimping, I've decided to start on writing about the products on my AFFORDA-BEAUTY list! Yep, this list really exists! haha! I'll start writing about them one at a time and I've decided to begin with one of my favorite products :)

I love using pencil eyeliners because they are easier to use as compared to the liquid ones. I've tried using a liquid one before but it was such a hassle for me as I'd have to wait for it to dry and the moment I open my eyes after applying, the product would literally splat on my lids and it was just messy. Too bad, I really liked its effect. Been reading lots of reviews on cream eyeliners and majority had been saying that it's easy to use. And almost all the beauty blogs I've read recommended ELF Cream Eyeliner; I have a number of products from ELF and I think their products are promising and their prices are reasonable.

The product comes in a small transparent, plastic (that looks like glass) container with a black, twist cap. It also comes with a small angled brush. I lost my brush :( got this photo to be able to show you the brush it came with.

                                                 (photo from www.thebeautybranch.com)

Now, my Cream Eyeliner without the brush hehe :)

This eyeliner gives you a great number of reasons to love it! The packaging looks like glass, but it's just actually plastic, which is nice because it's very light and handy. The brush that came with it WAS fine to use but since I lost it I now use a different small, angled brush and it still works great.


It's very pigmented, and the best part is it's smudge-proof! I've worn this a lot of times already and it really doesn't smudge, it just stays put. Despite being smudge-proof, it's not difficult to remove at the end of the day. An ordinary make-up remover will do the job.

Tip: Wet the top of the eyeliner brush and swipe it against the product, the effect will be like that of a liquid eyeliner. 


The only downside I saw was that when the eyeliner is left open and when you've already had it in your drawer for a long time, the product dries up. Now, I cannot use the product as it is, I always need to wet my brush first.

What I like:
  • pigmented
  • nice packaging
  • smudge-proof
  • price
  • available in black, coffee, and midnight blue
What I dislike:
  • dries up easily
For a product that is worth Php 249.00/ about $3-4, I'd say it's definitely a great buy!

This product is available in all E.L.F. counters nationwide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment