Saturday 9 February 2013

The Body Shop's Sweet Lemon Luxury Set

                                            (photo taken from www.webcosmoforums.com)

Don't you find it difficult to wake up and stay up when it's too early in the morning? I do! And I'm sure a lot of you have the same sentiment. To keep me up, I take a long shower with lukewarm water (believe me, lukewarm is not really easy to shower with early in the morning as it feels nearly cold to me), drink a cup of coffee and there are some mornings when I make 2 cups of lemon water just to energize and ready myself for a long day.

You can't imagine how thankful I am to get a hold of bath products that help me liven up whenever I feel super sleepy! Its scent just wakes me up!

My boyfriend gave me The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Luxury Set as a Christmas gift and I've been using it ever since. I tried using it in the morning and at nighttime and found out that some of the products are good for the latter and some of the products are best for the former!

The set looks like this :)
                                               (photo taken from www.thebodyshop.ca)


The set consists of 5 products namely: The Sweet Lemon Body Scrub, the Body Butter, the Lemon Soap, the Shower Gel and a Bath Lily. Let's take a look at each product, shall we?

The Sweet Lemon Soap
Others say soap is bad for the skin, let’s leave this one an exception! I love this clear, yellow soap because it doesn’t dry your skin out, it lathers so well, and leaves your skin lemon-scented (though only for a short while). I have no qualms about this soap, I just wish I had more. Ha!



The Sweet Lemon Shower Gel and the Bath Lily (no pic :( )
This helps me start my day right. I love using this in the morning with my Bath Lily! This definitely helps perk up my mornings; just the scent of it and I’m alive again! Okay, that’s too much. But seriously, I love this shower gel and the bath lily (my soft little body loofah) definitely helps lather it well. It comes in a big bottle so it can last for a very long time (well, that will depend on how much of it you use though)


The Sweet Lemon Body Scrub
I wasn’t able to a picture of it (sorry!) so I just grabbed pictures from the net. Since I love body scrubs so much, it’s the first one from the set that I used. It comes in a small transparent tub and the moment you open it, you’ll be able to see lots of sugar-like granules and essential oils that your skin will definitely enjoy! It is non-drying, super fragrant and it leaves your skin smooth and moisturized. The only problem I had with this is that the granules fall off easily as it doesn’t stick to the skin and it’s not as exfoliating as I expect it to be. I use this at night time!


                                              (photos taken from www.makeupalley.com)

The Sweet Lemon Body Butter
Mmmm Butter! Just the sound of that makes you daydream about a creamy and super moisturizing product. Well, the product is exactly like that! I love using it before going to bed and after exfoliating as it leaves my skin super soft and hydrated for a long time. Its smell is super great, too! It makes sleeping a lot more fun hihihi :P I put a lot of this on my elbows and knees and the other parts of my body that tend to dry out easily. 



Over-all verdict? Yes! I would definitely love to receive another set! Haha joke! I would definitely purchase (except for the body scrub and bath lily). These products are also sold separately. Will also check out the other "flavors" they have.  ‘Til next time!:D

2 comments:

  1. Ask your boyfriend to buy you another one but in a different scent. ;) I can definitely say that I am a TBS girl. Love their products!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do! haha! just kidding. TBS has a great line up of products! Please remind me whenever they are on sale!:D

    ReplyDelete