Tuesday 26 February 2013

My 5 Make-Up Kit Staples

Hello everyone!

I was arranging my on-the-go make-up kit today (yes, I have another make-up kit that I don't always bring with me), and I realized that it would be great to share with all of you my 5 product staples. These are beauty products/tools that I bring with me when I go to work, to school, to go do some errands, etc. I chose to feature these 5 products because these are things that prep me up easily, make me look presentable without doing too much or exerting too much effort.

Here's the make-up kit! It's just a simple kit I got as a freebie when I bought stuff from Stila. Its storage capacity is big enough for my essentials.

And here are my 5 make-up kit staples!

1) The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Tint
I know, I know! I should buy another one! haha! But see how much I love it and how much I use it? It's a lip and cheek tint but I only use it on my lips. Its consistency is thin, it's spreadable, and it has a light scent. I've been using this product since it was still packaged as a small bottle with a roller ball! It's very affordable, too!

2) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Believe me when I say that this eyelash curler is worth splurging on! It may be worth a thousand bucks but you will get what you pay for! I only use this once in the morning but it holds until the afternoon (and that's without using mascara). I just love it because it holds the curl for a long time and it's very durable. Definitely a staple! But I think I've found a dupe for this, I'll review it soon!:)

3) Gatsby Oil Control Sheets

I'm not that choosy when it comes to the brand of oil sheets because I think they work just the same. I just picked this one because it's cheaper than clean and clear! haha! This is a staple as I have oily skin and I usually use this in the middle of the day when I need to freshen up. I like the original one compared to the powdered one.

4) Clinique Powder Blush in Giddy Pink


I love this blush so much I've already hit the pan! The color of this blush suits my skin tone well, it doesn't look chalky, and most importantly, it doesn't irritate my skin. The packaging looks really nice, it's durable, and I love that it has a big built-in mirror inside. It comes with a small blush brush which I LOVED because it was really soft, unfortunately I lost it :(

5) Marionnaud Angled Brush


You think you need to spend so much to get yourself a good quality brush? Think again! I love this Marionnaud Angled Brush because it's really soft; it doesn't hurt my face when I use it. It has been with me for a long time already but it still works a-okay! Some cheap brushes are made of handles and ferules that easily break, but not this one! You can buy Marionnaud Brushes at Watson's stores :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! What are your 5 make-up kit staples? :)


   


1 comment:

  1. Check my reply to this post. :)

    I was actually pondering on this question for days now. I rummaged through my make-up kit and started to go over each one of them. It was a hard process because I find each of them essential. But then, I was able to break them down to just 5. Pat on the back!!

    http://kakaohhh.blogspot.com/2013/03/5-make-up-kit-staples.html

    ReplyDelete